Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Empiriana

Like it's not bad enough that I have to substitute emp with the older and more dated yserbius (it moves reeeaaaaallly slow), but nobody is ever online there either.

just checked on emp...

then came here...

now all I can say is PLEASE stop the auto play music omg wtf? >< grrrrr

Done!. i never had it play on auto for me. I never had a complaint either thanks for letting me know it was playing without permission.

any news on bringing empiriana back?

if macros and beamer have no intention of ever running it again, they should release the source code so people can host public servers.

Empiriana is back up!

Macros sent me a message yesterday saying he had the Empiriana server back up and was testing it. I had not spoken to him in a few months so I was pleasantly surprised. No word on the details yet but as soon as everything is solid I will post something here. Hopefully there will enough people here to spread the word around to those that are interested as I have not been in contact with anyone in a few years now. I am sure you will see something posted here very soon on how to access the server.

Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Annul View Post

if macros and beamer have no intention of ever running it again, they should release the source code so people can host public servers.

Empiriana is online

For those that are interested...Empiriana is back online. Course you have to know your login and password and have the client but if you do head on over. It does work. Thanks to Macros for all his hard work. I was as surprised as anyone else. I spoke to Mac a little while ago and he is trying to come up with a way to get account information to those that are going to be needing them. So unless I have the information in my files here you may have to wait. Will try to update on these forums or check the Irealms web site for updates.

Beamer

Yes, the Empiriana server is back online at last. I've been meaning to get that back up and running for a while and finally it worked out that I both remembered and had some time to take care of it.

All the old accounts, characters, high scores, etc. are exactly as they were when it went offline.

Working on getting the account look up website running and a support email box to deal with obsolete account emails and such. Also need to deal with some Vista/7 updater issues and make a new installer with all the latest file versions.

Hopefully that will be taken care of this week and then it will be back the way it was for anyone that want to go back and check it out.

Also, we've setup a Twitter account where you can find the latest news on the status of Empiriana.

We'll be sure to keep the Twitter up to date with any important information for those who want to revisit Empiriana as we work to update the web site.

http://twitter.com/empiriana

Quote Originally Posted by Annul View Post

If it ever comes down to that, we'll open the source rather than have it disappear for good. However, in this day and age, the original codebase is quite tricky to host. It was originally developed over 15 years ago for Windows NT 3.51 with many obsolete technologies and API's. It's no trivial task getting it to run on modern servers.

None the less, it's back up and hopefully will stay that way for some time to come.

Oh goodness! This is great news. I hope to pop in a little tonight after work and reacquainted with things...it's been a long time. Can't wait for the weekend now!

I'm sure my various drawn and computer maps will come in handy:

http://www.reonis.com/emp/index.htm