Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Original Show of Yserbius

You actually don't need any Dos Emulator, the XP Dos Prompt works suffeciently. BTW, The Help Hall is a valueable place for install and running questions. Ya should scope it out if ya do have problems.
    "If the earth were flesh, then it would bleed our blood." -Tiger
    TigerForce.net

However to get it running with sound if you are running a PCI sound card with no DOS drivers, you have to use VDMS.

Good point...
    TigerForce.net

I'll have to take a look at VDMS tonight. Has anyone tried running it in a Virtual PC with DOS?

Y'know, that's a good question. I may have to load up Virtual PC and try it, but for some reason I don't think there are any sound drivers for the virtual sound card *looks around for his copy of Virtual PC*

Good deal...

I went ahead and moved this thread to Help Hall, so it can be with the other help questions.
    TigerForce.net

I'll try it tonight when I get home from work.

hrm ill have to try that i still dont have sound i was using DosBox to run it tho

Just wanted to let everyone in on this little tidbit if there's anyone out there trying to play this on a Mac through Boxer, since I had considerable trouble finding just what had to be done to get Yserbius to work with sound and music. Firstly, Boxer has MT-32 support built in. Just look in the program's preferences and under the Audio tab. As indicated by Boxer, you'll need to find the two ROMs that will complete the MT-32 emulation. Once you have found those (and they are fairly easy to find), just drop them onto the open audio preferences. The only other thing you'll have to do is described above by slohand. Using a text editor that allows you to save files with filetypes other than the oft-required .txt or .rtf (such as Sublime Text 2, rather than TextEdit or Pages etc.), create a file called LSCI.CFG and add the line "music = SNDBLAST.DRV 220" to the body of the document (no quotes). Save it wherever. Then, find your Boxer copy of Yserbius. Right click it to "show package contents." Paste the LSCI.CFG file into the "C.harddisk" folder. Lastly, open up Boxer, open up Yserbius and enjoy it in all its glory!